OUR PASTORS

OUR PASTORS

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wednesday Message for March 7, 2007

Have you ever tried to call a deaf cat? Not too easy a task. Think about it, you really want the cat to understand that you want it to come to you, be near you and enjoy your company. Okay, so I want to enjoy it's company, but I think you get the picture. The cat has it's own life in mind, how much you can feed it, how much fun it thinks you might be and how good a back rub would feel. As much as I think I can provide everything for this cat, it will still not come to call no matter how hard I try. It just does not have ears to hear. It does have eyes to see, but sometimes, it's eyes deceive the cat. The seems to believe I am someone else, sometimes, possibly, one of it's former owners. It believes I am out to hurt the cat, even though I have never raised a hand in anger, it can't hear anger in my voice, but all the same it reacts as though I would lead it into danger.

I am learning there is no sense in arguing with a deaf cat, for that matter arguing in general is mostly a wasted energy. I don't understand the cat's reactions and obviously, it does not understand me. I do know I show the cat kindness and love in every way possible in spite of it's indifference at times and when I sit quietly, it will come to me in it's own time.

Are we the same way with some pople near us at times? Do we respond in ways that may be "hardwired" in our system without even being aware that we behave as though we are a "deaf cat" and have no awareness of how much others care for us and would never do us any harm? Perhaps at times it is better to not hear through our ears and look through our eyes but use our hearts instead. When we encounter others behaving in this manner just extend a little more love and a blessing that whatever has happened to them in the past to bring on such a reaction in the now can be identified, resolved and released.

Blessings,

Kat >^. .^< & Fred

Our Fellowship enjoyed a wonderful pot-luck this past Sunday. We took it to Nye Park and enjoyed the beautiful weather and the company of friends.

This Sunday, join us for a presentation by Danny Lord "The Ramblings of an Old Man". Following the service a Leadership Class will be presented by Fred Rich.

Transitional periods are time of learning and growing. Sometimes in the heat of the duress we forget to notice what lessons are being revealed. After packing away our life into boxes and bins, we come to realize how much we filled our life with things more than we could have filled it with God. Coming through transitional periods allws chance for change. We say "Thank You God!"

No comments: